How do I report fraud to the Department of State?
Submitting a fraud tip
If you witness, suspect, or know of fraudulent, improper, or suspicious activity involving any Michigan Department of State programs or documents, submit a tip including the following information:
- Your first, middle, and last name (including suffix, if applicable)
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your residential address
- Mailing address (if different)
- Relevant and detailed information about the fraudulent or suspicious activity:
- Who committed the fraud? (Name, address, phone number, email address and the individual's description)
- What did the individual do; what fraud is suspected?
- Where did the fraud take place?
- When did it happen?
- How was the fraud committed?
- Who else has knowledge of the fraud?
If you suspect fraud by an individual or a business in the financial services or insurance industries you can report it to DIFS safely, easily and anonymously (if you wish) by clicking on the "Consumers and Industry" button below or by calling DIFS at 877-999-6442. Insurance industry members can also report insurance fraud by using the National Insurance Commissioners Association's (NAIC) online fraud reporting system (OFRS) by clicking the "Industry Log In Via NAIC" button below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.