Here is what you need to do to apply for benefits online:
- Print and review the Adult Disability Checklist.
- It will help you gather the information you need to complete the application.
- Complete the Disability Benefit Application.
- Complete the Medical Release Form
You can use the online application to apply for disability benefits if you:
- Are age 18 or older;
- Are not currently receiving benefits on your own Social Security record;
- Are unable to work because of a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months or result in death: and
- Have not been denied disability benefits in the last 60 days. If your application was recently denied for medical reasons, the Internet Appeal is a starting point to request a review of the medical determination we made.