Where can I get help paying for utilities in Michigan?

Ken Haddad
Ken Haddad

Local Community Action Agencies across Michigan provide help with utilities, weatherization, and emergency assistance. Locate a participating agency near you or create a MI Bridges account and search for Utility Service Payment Assistance resources.

Immediate help may be available if you are facing conditions of extreme hardship or emergencies threatening your health and safety. State Emergency Relief helps pay heat and electric. Apply through MI Bridges.

Eligible households may qualify for the Winter Protection Plan, Critical Care Customer Shutoff Protection, and Medical Emergency Shutoff Protection. Please visit Consumer Tips or contact your energy provider for more information about electric and natural gas shutoff protection plans.

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 1 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.