Where to find in-home care for Michigan seniors

Ken Haddad
Ken Haddad

In-home, respite care, and home help services offer temporary or intermittent care for adults in their homes.        

If you or your loved one needs assistance performing daily activities, such as in-home care, call or visit the Adult Services unit at your local county MDHHS office, call the Area Agency on Aging(AAA) at 800-852-7795, or locate an Agency on Aging near you.

Medicaid offers the MI Choice Waiver Program covering services similar to those provided in nursing homes allowing older adults to stay at home or in a residential setting. Locate an Agency on Aging for more information.

Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)provides comprehensive medical and social services to certain frail, community-dwelling elderly individuals who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid benefits. Contact your local Agency on Aging to find a PACE program near you.

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.