How to find financial assistance for people with disabilities

Ken Haddad
Ken Haddad

State Disability Assistance (SDA) provides cash assistance to eligible people with disabilities or adults over 65. Apply using MI Bridges.

Social Security Disability Insurance pays benefits to you and certain members of your family, if you worked long enough and paid Social Security taxes.  To apply, complete your application online. For more information call 800-772-1213. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can call us at TTY1-800-325-0778 or visit your local Social Security office.

If you have a limited income, have never been married, and are disabled, you may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI).Schedule an appointment at your local Social Security office or call 800-772-1213.

Was this article helpful?

1 out of 2 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.